Photo

Would you ever consider offering pizza by the slice?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,340 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

Nostrana doesn't seem like a place where this would work, but I'm wondering if any of you would ever consider doing slices. I doubt you'd be willing to have pizzas sitting waiting to be reheated, but I can imagine a Cheese Board type scenario where you make one type of pie a day and just keep them coming out hot, slicing them up during lunch for people. Maybe it's good that you don't, because I might get pizza nearly every day in that situation.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#2 sfspanky

sfspanky
  • Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:21 AM

No. For me pizza is a food product that is very time sensitive. I have only eaten at a slice joint a couple of times in my life and every time I waited for a fresh pie to come out before ordering. Pizza is at it's optimum about 2 minutes out of the oven and then with every minute that goes by... Very similar to french fries. I personally never reheat pizza. I would rather eat it cold or at room temp the next day.

The Cheeseboard has a very unique situation and they have made it work well for them. They are one of the few places that I have had a slice, but the things they will put on their pizzas are a turn off for me. I am a plain pie guy, which is how I judge pizzerias.
Brian Spangler
Apizza Scholls

#3 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:37 AM

I agree, I eat it cold if it is leftover. I rarely reheat it.

BTW, Brian, your margherita is even delicious that way...sure it's better when I order it there, but cold leftover Apizza is better than none at all!

;o)
Never give up! Never surrender!